Really Professional Internet Person By JennxPenn | Book Review


Summary:

Jenn McAllister, better known as JennxPenn, has been obsessed with making videos since she found her parents video camera at the age of eight. A shy child, Jenn turned to film because, unlike with life, you can always have a do-over. Really Professional Internet Person offers both an insider's guide to building a successful YouTube channel and an intimate portrait of the surreality of insta-fame and the harsh reality of high school.



Author: 

Jenn McAllister

Publisher:

Scholastic, Inc.



Release Date:

25th August 2015

No. of Pages:

240



I had gotten this book back when I had a very small understanding of who she really was. But I eventually began to watch her YouTube videos and decided to read the book. The way she describes her story is so beautiful. I could relate to so much she had gone through. It had only taken me a day to read it but it left me smiling and wanting more.

Brimming with honesty, heart and Jenn's patented sense of humor, the book features top ten lists, photos, screenshots, social media posts and never-before-posted stories chronicling Jenn's journey from an anxious middle-schooler just trying to fit in, to a YouTube sensation unafraid to stand out.

It's a great read, it made me laugh during my worst days. Since this is a biography the book is mainly about Jenn but she does mention her friends back home, her friends now, and her mother as well. 


Comments

Popular Posts